When I met my boyfriend's mother

By the auditor
I promised a post about meeting the boyfriend's mum, didn't I?

aihz, me and my silly promises and my even sillier self-assumption that I can remember what happened two weeks ago (at least I remember it was 2 weeks ago :P)

What I can vaguely remember is that..."I went to Xing's house" (This statement evoked a lot of ooohs and aahs and "horny eyebrows" look)

It all started when Xing violated the dress code, we were supposed to go One Utama and he was wearing slippers and cincai clothes!!! I think I'm already a very slumber girlfriend, I rarely comment on his dressing and grooming. (nola dearr...it's coz you're always well-dressed *slaps the suck-up in me*)

So poor Xing drove back home to change. You see, his mum knows about my existence but she doesn't really approve due to other reasons that I'm too lazy to elaborate about. She hasn't seen me before this so no, it's not because I have an attitude problem.

The point is...we can't let Xing's mum know he brought me back home so I hid my flipflops under the shoe cabinet. So as Xing was getting ready, jengjengjeng! his mum came back! Actually we both didn't know she came back because we were upstairs. Suddenly there was a knock on the door, Xing opened the door (I was hiding behind). Then I realized..."that doesn't sound like Xing's maid". Apparently, she discovered my hidden flipflops and probably thought to herself "I don't remember buying this pair of flipflops"

Before I knew it, Xing came to me and said "My mum wants to talk to you"

Ok, this is the part where I have to disappoint you because I can't remember the details.
What are remember her saying was...
1. We should learn to set our boundaries (she assumed we crossed the boundaries)
2. She treats me as her own daughter (I was so bangga at first) and then she said because we're all god's children.
3. She won't forbid us from being together, just that we're at a phase of life where we shouldn't be too attached to one another. We can still spend time together but we should focus our energy on other aspects like our studies.
4. She's gonna talk to Xing about the time he spends on the computer. LOL! I'm with her on that.

At first she was very serious and spoke with a gentle yet stern tone. After a round of explanations, with me saying "I understand what you mean" and with the ocassional "Xing, you better not be listening to this", she started to become more friendly. Oh yea, Xing was exiled to his room earlier because his mum only wanted to talk to me first.

Xing, you're very lucky to have such an understanding mother like her. She tried to look from my point of view, she didn't use the authoritive power she has as a parent against me, she's simply counsellor material ;)

Can I marry you? So that I can have a mother-in-law like her? Lol, what a reason to marry someone huh?
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?